HP Office jet Pro 7740 printer's screen is locked in "Verifying" mode. Help

My hp OFFICE JET Pro 7740 printer's screen is locked in "Verifying" mode, I have turned it off several times hoping it would clear, no luck.

This happened after I installed genuine HP printer ink 952. I see that this printer is no longer supported by HP as of June 30, 2020, what a disgrace, I bought it Dec 2016, it is only 4 years old. I love the 2 tray feature, etc.

I have also held down the off button, when I rebooted, the screen read HP for a long time and then reads "Verifying" with circle in a loop, the X button does not work, nor now does the OFF button. Only by pulling the plug does the unit shut down.
DSC05360.JPG

My hp OFFICE JET Pro 7740 printer's screen is locked in "Verifying" mode, I have turned it off several times hoping it would clear, no luck.

This happened after I installed genuine HP printer ink 952. I see that this printer is no longer supported by HP as of June 30, 2020, what a disgrace, I bought it Dec 2016, it is only 4 years old. I love the 2 tray feature, etc.

I have also held down the off button, when I rebooted, the screen read HP for a long time and then reads "Verifying" with circle in a loop, the X button does not work, nor now does the OFF button. Only by pulling the plug does the unit shut down.View attachment 1824

I now see the problem started after I installed genuis printer ink. The "verifying" software mode on the screen can't stop spinning, going to check with HP Virtual attendant.

Ask a Question