HP Photosmart B8500 photo printer seems to have lost its mind!

My printer has worked well for years but now something has gone wrong possibly in the firmware. It can print a normal page But then it prints the attached message on a sheet, or it prints a partial picture or text & ejects it then a following page with more of the sheet sometimes in the wrong colour. Left alone after printing it starts printing again, usually the attached message & a following blank sheet stops half way out. I've tried all the suggested ideas from HP & using the diagnostic program which reports 'no problems'!! I can't post the file it is too large in all the formats I tried. I will type it!:-
POST /ipp/print HTTP/1.1
Content - length : 187
Content - Type : application/ipp
HOST : localhost
Next line has symbols I can't reproduce! although different I can only use* in their places.
*d*G * attributes - charset*utf - 8Httributes - natural - language*enEprinter-uri - ipp ://lo That's the nearest I can get with a standard keyboard I'm afraid.

Ask a Question