HP printer locked up.

I have an HP officejet pro 9018. when I turn on the printer while loading it gets stuck on the screen "Check the printer please wait." It stays locked on that screen. I have tried to reset it by unplugging the power from the back for 60 seconds then plug it back in. Most times that does not help. One time it did load correctly. I was on the main screen like normal. One of the cartridges is missing. When I open the front door the cartridges stay to the right. They need to slide to the middle or you cant put them in the cartridge. So I shut it off hoping to restart would help. No, it is back stuck at the checking printer screen and I can't do anything now.

While I was on the main screen I did do an update from the printer touchscreen. It did update successfully

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I also tried to use "HP Smart". It does not make a connection with the printer. It does see the printer but says can't get status and won't allow me to do anything.

I have an HP officejet pro 9018. when I turn on the printer while loading it gets stuck on the screen "Check the printer please wait." It stays locked on that screen. I have tried to reset it by unplugging the power from the back for 60 seconds then plug it back in. Most times that does not help. One time it did load correctly. I was on the main screen like normal. One of the cartridges is missing. When I open the front door the cartridges stay to the right. They need to slide to the middle or you cant put them in the cartridge. So I shut it off hoping to best all in one printer under 200 dollars restart would help. No, it is back stuck at the checking printer screen and I can't do anything now. While I was on the main screen I did do an update from the printer touchscreen. It did update successfully Any ideas would be appreciated. I also tried to use "HP Smart". It does not make a connection with the printer. It does see the printer but says can't get status and won't allow me to do anything.
no response

I have an HP officejet pro 9018. when I turn on the printer while loading it gets stuck on the screen "Check the printer please wait." It stays locked on that screen. I have tried to reset it by unplugging the power from the back for 60 seconds then plug it back in. Most times that does not help. One time it did load correctly. I was on the main screen like normal. One of the cartridges is missing. When I open the front door the cartridges stay to the right. They need to slide to the middle or you cant put them in the cartridge. So I shut it off hoping to restart would help. No, it is back stuck at the checking printer screen and I can't do anything now.

While I was on the main screen I did do an update from the printer touchscreen. It did update successfully

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I also tried to use "HP Smart". It does not make a connection with the printer. It does see the printer but says can't get status and won't allow me to do anything.
no response
sorry sounds like a hardware issue to me, not sure what to suggest on this one sadly.

Ask a Question