HP v40 ink catridge error on new cartridge

When I install a new cartridge (78 color) for my HP v40, I get an error saying "remove & check cartridge'. I do that, reinstall it, and same thing. This has happened before, and I was told to use a genuine HP cartridge, and it would 're-set the chip'. Did that back then, and trying to avoid having to purchase another of those outrageously priced HP cartridges. I have a good quality generic, but don't know how to get it to 'registr' as a new, full color cartridge. Anyone got any ideas to help me, please? Thank you.

Printer firmware programmed to accept OEM HP cartridges.
Install OEM as before, then remove and wrap in Saran wrap to keep from drying out.

Awesome reply! THANK YOU!/ I do have another question regarding this, though. If I use the HP cartridge to trick it into using my generic one, and then wrap it and seal it up, will I be able to use it again for the same thing on the next generic one? Simpler, is this remedy a one time only thing...or...
Sure appreciate your reply. :)

Thats the idea (wrapping in Saran Wrap) so that you can do same trick Again.
Cant promise anything, but think it will work. You can let us know how it works out
for the next forum member. Good luck and Good Printing.

Ask a Question