HP3550 LaserJet Color

My first post on this forum and thank you for any help.

I have an HP 3550 Laserjet color using Windows 7.

The first 4 or 5 pages print a swath about 3/8" wide, sharp edges, full length, both sides, smeared and all 4 colors appear. By the 5th or 6th page it clears up. If I wait (an hour?) it does it again.

I have gone through the cleaning process but it does nothing. Colors are fused in all cases. Color cartridges are full. I am not getting any messages that something is wrong or needs replacing.

The fact that all 4 colors appear seems to me it is other than the cartridges or fuser.

Thanks

Bruce

My first post on this forum and thank you for any help.

I have an HP 3550 Laserjet color using Windows 7.

The first 4 or 5 pages print a swath about 3/8" wide, sharp edges, full length, both sides, smeared and all 4 colors appear. By the 5th or 6th page it clears up. If I wait (an hour?) it does it again.

I have gone through the cleaning process but it does nothing. Colors are fused in all cases. Color cartridges are full. I am not getting any messages that something is wrong or needs replacing.

The fact that all 4 colors appear seems to me it is other than the cartridges or fuser.

Thanks

Bruce

Mine's doing this now. Did you ever find a solution?

I note a new Image Transfer Assembly is around £160. A new printer that would suit our (reduced) needs would only cost £250 so at this stage I'm loath to spend money on spares esp as I'm not even 100% convinced that's what's wrong...

The problem can come of cartridges defect but if you are 4 colors defaut is not this or transfert belt.

Ask a Question