Ink absorber pad full message

Discussion in 'Canon' started by Macnerd, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Macnerd

Macnerd

I'm in the market for a new printer. My printer died a few days ago. I ran the printhead cleaning routine 3 times with no luck.

I've spent hours on YouTube & Google researching inkjet versus laser & the printers from the different manufacturers.

Nowdays it costs more to repair a printer than to buy a new one! In other words, one buys a disposable printer. Speaking of which, the Canon website doesn't list authorized service centers. They have Instant Exchange. It is cheaper to exchange a printer under warranty than to repair it. But what does one do with a Canon printer that is out of warranty- toss it in the nearest landfill?

I'm intrigued by the fact that Canon includes printheads with their printers. It's a lot easier to clean a removable printhead than a permanently mounted printhead.

Anyway...
    I'm considering either the Pixma G5020 or the G6020 or the G7020. Do you know how long it takes to fill the ink absorber pad on the G5020, G6020, G7020? According to the Canon website, when the "ink absorber pad is full" message appears, one contacts Canon. According to the website, the pad is not user-replaceable.

Macnerd, Apr 7, 2020
    1. Advertisements

2. Macnerd

Macnerd

Why hasn't my post been answered in 4 months?

Macnerd, Aug 26, 2020
    1. Advertisements

3. Macnerd

asda

you can reset the ink absorber counter

asda, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Macnerd

Macnerd

But the ink absorber pad STILL has ink in it! What point is there in resetting the counter when there is still ink in the pad?

Macnerd, Sep 8, 2020
  5. Macnerd

asda

actually the ink absorber pad is not full, only the counter states that it is full
    after you reset the counter, you can still use the printer

asda, Sep 12, 2020
  6. Macnerd

Macnerd

Fascinating, as Spock would say!

One keeps reseting the counter. Eventually, the pad IS actually full. When the pad is actually full, won't the excess ink overflow the pad & make a mess inside the printer?

Macnerd, Sep 12, 2020
  7. Macnerd

asda

Yes, but during the first and second reset, you don't need to replace the ink pad absorber, after that you need to replace/cleaning the pad (not user replaceable)

asda, Sep 14, 2020
  8. Macnerd

Macnerd

How does one replace a not user replaceable cleaning pad?

Yes, but during the first and second reset, you don't need to replace the ink pad absorber, after that you need to replace/cleaning the pad (not user replaceable)

Macnerd, Sep 14, 2020
  9. Macnerd

asda

Easy... Bring your printer to the printer technician or service center ;)

asda, Sep 14, 2020
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question