Ink Smudging Issue on Parchment Paper Printing

Hi....

I'm experiencing frustrating ink smudging problems when printing on parchment paper. The printed text or images seem to smear easily, affecting the overall print quality.

Seeking advice from the community on how to prevent or minimize ink smudging on parchment paper.

Hallo!

If you're dealing with ink smudging on parchment paper, here are some easy fixes:

Choose the Right Ink: Make sure the ink you're using works well with parchment paper. Some inks just don't stick right.

Let It Dry Properly: Give your prints enough time to dry completely. This helps the ink set and reduces smudging.

Tweak Printer Settings: Play around with your printer settings. Sometimes adjusting the quality or paper type setting can make a big difference.

Pre-Treat the Paper: Consider lightly spraying or applying a fixative to the parchment paper before printing. It can create a protective layer that helps prevent smudging.

Handle with Care: Be gentle with the printed parchment paper until the ink dries completely. Avoid touching the inked parts too much.

Give these a try, and hopefully, your parchment paper prints will come out smudge-free! Let me know if you need more help.

The very nature of parchment paper is that it repels all liquid. My recommendation would be to get some permanent inkjet labels and use those to seal the parchment paper. Online-labels.com is my go to for labels. Good quality for a great price and they have every label under the sun. I've only used them in production printing equipment but I can't imagine they wouldn't work just as well in inkjet. Honestly, considering that inkjet inks are slightly toxic or at least are not considered food safe, trying to apply it directly to the wrap likely wouldn't pass health certification anyway.

Ask a Question