Black ink marks on edges of paper

When printing on photo paper I occasionally get small black ink marks on the edges of the prints - this happens only 20% of the time but is very frustrating and ruins the print. It’s alway on the last edge of the paper that comes out of the printer

Not sure what Canon printer you have but for my Pro 100s there's an option in the driver in: Maintenance > Custom Setting > Check box for Prevent Paper Abrasion.

This raises the print head up slightly so it's less likely to touch the paper. It doesn't make any noticeable difference to the print quality.

You could also try placing something on the output tray to keep the paper level as it comes out. I've found with mine that as the final part of the print is taking place, as the front of the paper sags leaving the printer, it was causing the back end to raise slightly and get smudges (sometimes). I use an A4 large letter cardboard box on the output tray to keep the paper level as it comes out and this generally solves the problem,

Hi Robert - it’s a canon pixma ip8750. When I spoke to canon they suggested it was due to using non canon paper however I’ve had the issue with canon & non canon paper. Would you recommend using only canon paper or was this not the issue for you?

I’ll try your suggestion though - thank you much appreciated!

I print with all sorts of media both Canon and non-Canon. It's just as likely to do it whether it's Canon or not. They are just fobbing you off when they say it's because you're not using Canon products.

Ask a Question