Epson Workforce 4730 Can It be set to use black ink only?

I have a Epson Workforce 4730 that uses up my color ink like crazy.

I only print checks off this printer in black but for some reason the color cartridges keep getting depleted every 2 months and the black cartridge stays pretty full.

How can I get this printer to only use the black ink?

I have a Epson Workforce 4730 that uses up my color ink like crazy.

I only print checks off this printer in black but for some reason the color cartridges keep getting depleted every 2 months and the black cartridge stays pretty full.

How can I get this printer to only use the black ink?

I have almost the same question, but for my WorkForce 3820 model. How can I make this printer to work with only Black ink? I am not at all using the color inks, still they went empty in few months. Any comments is appreciated.
Vel

There is no way to prevent colored ink from being used at all. At the very least, it is used for printer maintenance. The printer periodically pumps ink through the print head to prevent possible clogging and drying of the ink in the print head. In addition, even when you print a black image, the printer can use color ink to form the black color. This is because your black color may not be 100% black according to the CMYK scheme.
To minimize the use of color ink, try turning on the "Black and White Only" option in your printer settings.
If you want to reduce your ink costs, you can try the Chipless Solution and compatible consumables such as the Continuous Ink Supply System or refillable ink cartridges. You can read more about this technology on my website - https://printservice.best/en/product/epson-wf-4730-chipless-firmware/

Ask a Question