Stylus Pro 7600 Resurrection, Black and Light Black ink issues.

Hi yall,

I picked up a stylus pro 7600 from facebook marketplace, yes I know this printer is old and not worth the hassle to get running again but I decided to do it since I don't feel like paying thousands for a wide-fomat, plus I needed something to keep me busy.

Background: I have purged all the lines of any old ink, replaced the dampers with brand new ones, I took out the print head and used a cleaning kit, confirmed all microscopic holes were jetting cleaning solution properly (positive of no blockage). I was able to have a semi successful nozzle check of Cyan, Light Cyan, Yellow, Magenta and light magenta, but black and light black are not printing in the slightest. When I run cleanings, I do find the capping station full of wet black ink, however after running check, no ink for both types. The dampers are full and are not leaking air.

Could the piezo's be dead in the print head by chance, I've been working on this for 3 days, I might cave and buy a new printhead, but I figured I should ask first.

Thanks.

1. Perform Nozzle Check:
Use the printer utility to perform a nozzle check. This will help identify any clogs or issues with the printheads.
If the nozzle check reveals missing lines in the black or light black sections, proceed with cleaning.

2. Run Printhead Cleaning:
Perform a printhead cleaning operation using the printer utility. You may need to run multiple cleaning cycles if the issue persists.
Follow the printer's manual for instructions on how to initiate a printhead cleaning.

3. Use Genuine Epson Ink Cartridges:
Ensure that you are using genuine Epson ink cartridges. Non-genuine or expired cartridges may cause printing issues.
Check the ink levels in the cartridges and replace any that are low or empty.

4. Check Ink Tubes and Dampers:
Inspect the ink tubes and dampers for any blockages or air bubbles. If there are issues, you might need to flush the ink lines.
Refer to the printer's manual for guidance on cleaning or flushing the ink system.

5. Perform Power Cleaning:
Some printers have a more intensive cleaning option known as a power cleaning or ink charge. This is a deeper cleaning cycle that may help clear stubborn clogs.
Be cautious with power cleaning as it consumes more ink.

Greetings,
Peter

Ask a Question