Inkjet printer rec - ink smearing

I'm a serious photographer running Win7. While I seldom make prints and only occasionally print text, I do need a decent 4800x4800dpi scanner. I don't have room for both a scanner and a printer...so an all-in-one has to do.

My primary concern is ink smearing. I have an old HP Photosmart C780 and have always found that the prints smear easily even days or weeks after printing.

Are there all-in-ones with good quality scanners and decent (occasional) photo print quality that have fewer problems with print smearing.

Two paper trays would be nice, one for text and one for photo paper, but I can live without it.

Price isn't a problem so long as it's under $100,000. ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for any advice.

* Generally, pigment ink is less prone to smearing than dye ink.

* Do you have the right MediaType and appropriate paper? I've had paper take days and days to dry, and it turned out it was incompatible with my printer. Like using RC paper in a printer that can't deal with RC? Or vice versa?

* Also, ink can smear if you print on the wrong side. But that should be obvious.

* Letter/legal size ok? Actually, I wouldn't think there would be many, if any, A-I-O's that are larger than letter/legal.

Ask a Question