iP5200 - "more than one cyan cartridge installed"

I have a Canon PIXMA iP5200 that I'm generally pleased with. However, recently it has been giving me an error message when I try to print that I have more than one cyan cartridge installed. I have only one and it is in the correct slot. It is not empty as far as I can tell - the fiber part of the reservoir still appears saturated at about half-height. If I remove and reinsert the cyan cartridge repeatedly and sometimes if I power down the printer and back on, it seems to clear the error and prints normally, but I'm never certain that it's going to come out of it, or how much fiddling it will take. Besides, it should just work! :)

I have DLed and installed the latest driver (2006), but the problem continues. The system is a Dell Dimension 4600 running Windows XP Home Edition, Ver. 2002, SP3.

Any suggestions regarding the source of the problem and the solution, or even a pointer to another possible site would be very appreciated.

Thanks!
Optiker

Ask a Question