Kodak ESP 3 - All in One printer question

Has anyone else had a problem with Kodak's ESP 3 with the printer head needing to be replaced after just a couple of years of light use?

I had an Epson Stylus Photo Printer which worked very well, but found the cartridges very expensive. Gave it away when I was gifted with a Kodak ESP All in One Printer, which worked fine until a few days ago (had it abt 2 yrs).
Since there is no way to reach Kodak for help, except via email or chat support, I called today and was walked through the steps to check everything out by Ravi.
Well, it turns our he told me the problem was in the printer head and it was probably worn out. After only 2 years!!!
I was offered a new printer head at about $50. plus shipping and taxes, but am reluctant to purchase in case it lasts only 2 years again.
I was considering buying another printer - so what do any of you recommend. I want it for documents and photos - only personal occasional printing - so what do you suggest is a good machine to purchase (with reasonable ink cartridge prices in Canada?...

Ask a Question