KYOCERA 4053CI VERY FAINT PRINTS

Hi guys.. im going to attend a call on a kyocera 4053ci with a very faint copy quality problem. customer is 215 miles away and there has be multiple calls and engineers out at it. its only 3500 clicks on it and it has had a new HVT/LVT/MAIN BOARD fitted. there is a couple of other same devices at the site so the other engineers tried dif dev units/ drum units and transfer belt unit in it but no joy. they stopped the machine mid cycle and the image on the belt was very faint. Any ideas before i go down to customer. ive worked on Toshibas for 18 years so dont have a lot of experience on these machines. to me the print samples look charge transfer related.. Thanks in advance

I have a similar problem with both a Samsing ML-4550 and two Kyocera FS-C5300DN.
Have not solved it yet, but I think I've read somewhere that the culprit typically is due to some high voltage supply for the drum(s). I think it should be a connector issue in the Kyoceras - but have not yet been able to find proper information on where/what to measure... Still looking (=why I'm here! ;-)....

Ask a Question