L2705DW, need to start over.

For years, this print was working fine with my PC (Windows 10 and then 11,) but then the scanner stopped working and I started fooling around with trying to fix it. After many frustrating and unsuccessful hours, I have finally decided to uninstall and the reinstall the printer. Therefore, I'd like help with how to properly uninstall and then reinstall.

BTW, among my unsuccessful tries, I have deleted the original drivers and and replaced them with the newest drivers recommended by Brother. But as nothing seemed to fix the issue, I would just like to start all over, from the install beginning. I do have the Brother original install disk (first used May, 2016, when installed) that lists many past Windows OSs up to Windows XP...wonder if Windows 11 is backward compatible and I could use the disk? If not, would then like to know to completely start over. Thanks.

EDIT: All may not be lost. I just checked the L27 and it does print form the PC. However, when using the Scan icon (doc on flatbed, L25 LAN) on the toolbar, I do get a preview of the scan; but, when then selecting scan, I get the whirring sound like it is scanning but nothing is produced. When selecting Scan button on L27 and following instructions, it finally comes down to the problem: "Connecting to PC" then "Check PC."" So, obviously, the problem is that something is missing when it comes to having the PC and L27 communicate...at least for scanning as printing seems to be OK.

The gremlins surely have been at work. I just went back to check somethings out on the L27, and now all is working just fine! First, I tested to see if the printer was working,,,printing off the net, printing an email, printing a letter...all good. Next I again checked the scanner using the scanner icon on my PC's toolbar, placing a letter on the flatbed, choosing L2705DW LAN, and choosing a directory for the scanned item. All worked perfectly. Previously, I'm not sure if I instructed the scan app correctly. Now, with these parameters, I also paid attention to what was appearing within the printers screen. Can't remember what I did, but I probably did the right thing to have the scanner find the PC??? Yeah, that was a problem: Before correction,when scanning, I'd hear the machine scanning, it would show a preview, but then an error message would appear...something like "...we are experiencing a problem..."

Ask a Question