Perfection 2450 Scanner Driver Needed ... Windows 10 64 bit!

My Windows 10 computer died suddenly and I lost the driver I was using for my 2450 scanner. My new computer has Windows 11 and there is no updated driver for the 2450 scanner. I understand I am just one of many facing this same issue, so it would be great if we can find a solution. The 2450 is a solid scanner. A real workhorse and very reliable.
I would like to try using what worked on Windows 10 (64 bit). If someone running the 2450 scanner on Windows 10 64 bit can send me a copy of their driver, I will see if that will work.

Update 2/15/24 ...
So the basic problem is how to get the 2450 scanner (2002) to communicate Windows 11 (2021) ... release dates in parentheses. Turns out the driver that worked for my Windows 10 (2015) was actually the driver for the 4990 scanner (2005)/Windows Vista (2007). Interesting that the last driver update has lasted this long ... apparently the big change was going to the 64 bit operating system.
The Epson site actually has that driver for the 2450 scanner/Windows Vista 64 combination. Windows 11 is designed so it can run older software ... need to run the software in compatibility mode. So I downloaded it and installed it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista. It has not worked so far, but I am still working on it. Not there yet, but big progress since yesterday.

Update 2/16/24 ...
Success!!! The download and install did load the driver, but the Epson Scan app had some issues with Windows 11. I sidestepped that by downloading the NAPS2 app (NAPS2.com); created a profile for the 2450 scanner (be sure to select the twain option and enable auto save with the destination file location). This combo works well. The NAPS2 interface is easy to understand and has all the options I need. My 2450 scanner works again!!

Ask a Question