Epson V600 Photo Perfection gets stuck when scanning

Hello. I bought my scanner in March this year, it worked perfectly but I haven't used it since July. Today I wanted to scan some pages but the scanner always gets stuck. The scanner light either gets stuck while scanning (always in different spots), or the preview gets stuck. I can't cancel the preview/scan, I can only turn off the scanner or wait for the "no data received" error. The USB cable I purchased together with the scanner so it basically is new as well.

The blue light also keeps flashing until I turn off the scanner with the button.

Inbetween it scanned 20 pages without issue, I hoped the issue is fixed, but now it's back to getting stuck again at every page.

I updated/reinstalled all the programs from the Epson site and also tried running the Epson Scan 2 software in admin mode. The scanner still gets stuck.

I've read on the Epson website

"EPSON Scan Updater (v1.0)V.1.013-Jul-2018

Issue:

Since updating to the new version of Window 10 (April update) Epson Scan will not launch or will freeze indefinitely after launching, using Preview or pressing the scan button.

Solution:

To resolve this issue we have released an updated driver or patch dependent on your Epson product."

However, that file is from 2018, and perhaps a recent Windows Update is causing similar issues? Because I don't know why my brandnew barely used scanner suddenly isn't working properly anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ask a Question