Lexmark 560n driver problem

This problem started a few days ago after I spent hours with UPS support about printing their shipping labels. Ive had the printer since 2009 and it has performed flawlessly. Print Test Page works but the printer icon shows up as an orange triangle with an exclamation point inside but it does show as connected via USB1. Running WIN7 Pro 64 bit Ive tried all 8 USB ports on the PC which is a Dell Vestro 430 which has no option in the BIOS to delete the automatic PnP detect which I suspect is the problem?? Whatever I did with the UPS direction is causing a conflict possibly but Id rather not go thru them again unless I absolutely have to!!

It works fine on another PC running XP where I just installed for the first time and downloaded the latest driver direct from Lexmark.

Right now the PC has every mention of Lexmark removed including in the registry and the printer is disconnected. What next??

Geoff

First try re-starting computer
Then try different USB cable

Then Navigate this:
Click Start -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click Lexmark Printer Icon -> Select Remove Device
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Select Programs & Features -> Uninstall All Lexmark Applications
Click My Computer -> Click C Drive -> Open Programs Folder -> Delete any leftover Lexmark Folders
Click My Computer -> Click C Drive -> Open Program Data Folder -> Delete leftover Lexmark Folder

Re-start computer

Re-install Printer Drivers & Applications using Lexmark Install CD
Regards

U say: every mention of Lexmark removed
Therefore u must re-install from Lexmark Cd in accordance with lexmark install instructions
Install driver and utilities that u desire (appropriate for Windows 7)
Re-connect printer USB as per factory instructions

Then u must see Lexmark icon in Devices & Printers?
Is it green in color and does it have check mark in middle of icon?

Let us know and we shall continue
Regards

Ask a Question