Lexmark MC2640 won't scan from panel

Hello all, I am helping a non computer literate friend install a new Lexmark MC2640 on a Win 10 Home desktop.

The Lexmark drivers and utilities installed ok.

Here's the problem: whenever she scans from the touch screen panel on the machine, Windows Fax and Scan opens,with options to save the scanned document as .jpg, .png, .gif only.

I've been thru all the setup options on the panel, can't find any options for file type or destination.

Anyone know how to get this machine to save scans directly as pdf's ?

Hey, we are encountering this same problem. Client purchased this printer and cannot configure scan destinations. Here is what i've found, however; Under 'Apps', there is supposed to be an application called 'Scan Center' - this package did not exist for me, either. I've tried updating the firmware and nothing. In the 'Embedded Web Server', there is a place to install applications, but it expects you to have the package to install, it doesn't pull it directly from lexmark. So basically, this printer is sold as an MFP with the Scanning functionality missing. There is the ghetto Lexmark ScanBack utility, but you need to run it from the workstation and then scan to it when it appears on the printer, everytime.

I've been looking around online trying to find where to obtain the Lexmark 'Scan Center' application to no avail. I've found references to 'Scan Center' and 'Scan Center Premium', but in both cases it ultimately ends in 'Call your Lexmark Rep!'

Junk.

Ask a Question