Lexmark MS317dn

Hi,
I've just bought the above laser and I've a stupid sounding question. Under the toner cartridge, which I've removed, there is a red tape and sponge cushion. The red tape seems firmly fixed in and I don't want to damage anything by wrongly pulling it out - if that is what I have to do.
The Lexmark support website has no mention of this red tape.
I hope someone can help here, please

Hi again,
So I plucked up some courage and pulled on a green folding handle I just noticed under the red tape in my original post. A large thingy appeared, wrapped in sponge secured by the red tape, itself secured by clear tape. After unwrapping everything I found what I deduced to be the print drum.
I shoved that back into the interior of the printer, plugged a couple of cords in the back and bingo I have a printer. And one that works.
So I have wasted the time of those who bothered to read me. Sorry about that. Perhaps it could be a lesson to anyone contemplating buying a Lexmark printer: be bold and pull!
Bye, Tony

Ask a Question