Lexmark X543DN, possible developer unit damage?

Hello to every one,

I've been using the Lexmark X543DN laser printer for about 5 years. In the past years, I have replaced black and red toners with equivalent toners (Sanzio brand) and used without problems. Recently blue toner ran out, and the yellow was close to %0. Since I did not need urgent printing, so I postponed the order for a while and now bought blue and yellow equivalent toners.

Printer identifies toners, but as you can see from the photos, inside the printer is full with the red toner powder (not the new ones, blue or yellow). I cleaned it up, then I tried again, the same result. Almost full red toner reduced in front of my eyes went down to near 0%. During cleaning, the developer unit had red toner powder all over it, and I cleaned it up, even disassembled/assembled a few pieces. The gears on the red developer unit were in different positions compared to other developer units, and I aligned them as other developer units. But the result is the same. There is toner powder on each side, there are red spots on the output, and during the first opening and during each print, it produces sounds that do not previously exist (https://ufile.io/7ughn).

What do you think the problem might be, the developer unit is defective or because the equivalent toner is not used for a long time, the toner powder becomes defected and spread everywhere?

IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0476.JPG IMG_0482.JPG IMG_0483.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0477.JPG IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0481.JPG

Ask a Question