lexmark z517

My printer was working fine until i got a pop up message that said i may have "old" drivers. Click to see--so i downloaded the program and got to install one out of date for free. But then I decided I didn't like the program and uninstalled it. Then my printer wouldn't work anymore. I accused the company of "stealing" my printer driver, but they denied that and said for $29.95 I could fix the problem (hmmmmmmmm, holding me hostage????)

Anyway, I re-installed the lexmark from disc, but it still won't work. And in the Add/remove programs section, it has a red circle with a slash through the lexmark printer. I have removed that and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. I had a free troubleshooting session and that couldn't diagnose the problem.

Calling lexmark is a sorry service. You can't even get to section to ask questions becasue they hang up when you have an older printer and offers no support.

Does anyone know anything about printer spoolers. My printer goes through all the motions like it is printing the document, but spits out no ink on the page. I have installed a new cartridge.

What's up?

P>S> If you are running an old program, and the drivers are working, it is my opinion that you do not need to install "up-to-date" . The driver are up-to-date with the program you are running. If it working, don't fix it!!!

Ask a Question