Looking for a home printer, any advice

I am looking for an all in one home printer, reading amazon reviews makes me very confused, HP is a problem. Maybe any advice ?

I don't know what you do at home with a printer. Personally, I do a lot, so I tend to get large-format printers so I can everything from 4x6 photos to posters.

First of all, the tech: I recommend piezo technology over thermal bubble jet. Which means typically Epson or Brother. Piezo print heads are just hands down more reliable. HP in their better printers used to offer replaceable heads. Nowadays they just consider the entire printer disposable, or use cartridges that still have the heads built in.

I typically recommend to spend more for the printer so you can pay less for the ink. The ones everyone thinks about for that are the Epson Eco Tank printers. The problem is, Epson wants your money, so they either make you pay through the nose for the printer, or for the ink. Plus they limit their Eco Tank printers in a couple ways. First no Eco Tank printer uses pigment ink. The other is that most of them limit you on borderless printing. I suspect because they don't want an ET-15000 to compete with their professional wide-format printers. But if you don't do a lot of borderless, and don't mind dye inks then the ET printers are otherwise ok.

The really versatile champions right now, though, are Brother printers. I have an MFC-J6945DW for home. I liked it so much I wrote an in-depth review. If you can afford the space, then this is the printer to get. Since I wrote that review, refillable cartridges have come available from inkowl.com and inkpot.ca. If you can't afford the space, then the printer comes in smaller versions with one or two trays. MFC-J5845/5945/6545/6945.

D

Deleted member 14725

I am looking for an all in one home printer, reading amazon reviews makes me very confused, HP is a problem. Maybe any advice ?
There is a lot of negativism towards HP, some models are picky, technical, and some fail a bit. It's comparable to some Canon models (and even Epson). I have owned a diverse set of models and brands so I found out the hard way about the issues some models have. Anyway...

To the point: I would also vote in favor of Brother printers, these are my favorites due to being reliable and having lots of features. I would almost post a copy of Va1der post, totally agree with those comments. They prefer (Brother) loading paper from the bottom, this saves a lot of space, keep in mind some models provide a back tray to load specific thickness and size papers, I would also go for large format.

The Canon Pixma MG3620 is a good printer because it prints quickly, has many features, and costs less than other printers.

The printer best Feature:

∙ The perfect system for mobile printing
∙ Wireless setup and powerful printing options
∙ Form factor: Print, copy, scan

Ask a Question