Looking for Monochrome All-In-One InkJet with Wi-Fi.

Hi, Some background might help.

I print an average of 1 or 2 sheets a week. I need an All-in-One to print, scan and copy. I never fax. I want to avoid a sheet feeder (never use it). The scanner must be able to handle copying a book. After 38 years of printing I can't remember ever printing in color so I finally smartened up and started looking for a monochrome printer. I prefer to avoid the lazer printers because of the need to replace the drum (pricey - sales people don't mention that).

After searching www.amazon.ca I actually found a Monochorme All-in-One Inkjet but it was a mega-tank. It is the Epson EcoTank ET-M2170. It is $470.00 CAD. I was hoping for $200 to $300 max in Canadian dollars. I use to have an HP DeskJet (510 or 610 maybe) which was okay because it was able to keep printing from the black cartridge even though the color dried out from lack of use. I would get it refilled maybe every 1 or 1.5 years and I was happy with that. It finally died. I would get another one but I think they have blocked the chip from refilling it so I thought to myself I am going to avoid HP from now on and get a monochrome. It turns out this is not so easy.

Does anyone know of a not too expensive Monochrome All-In-One InkJet with Wi-Fi that can be refilled easily including override the chip blocking
or
one that can continue to print from the Black Cartridge even if the color cartridges are empty or dried out and be refilled easily as well.

In the mean time I will continue looking and if I find one I will report back.

Thanks,
John

Ask a Question