Looking for a good printer

If anybody can tell me a good inexpensive printer to buy.I have a canon pixma mg3620.It jams says there is an error never works right.This is a replacement printer that's just as bad as the first one I had.I just want to find a good printer that will work with just maybe a few problems once and a while I don't use a printer every day just once and a while.All of them seem ok for about six months then they go down hill.

D

Deleted member 14725

If anybody can tell me a good inexpensive printer to buy.I have a canon pixma mg3620.It jams says there is an error never works right.This is a replacement printer that's just as bad as the first one I had.I just want to find a good printer that will work with just maybe a few problems once and a while I don't use a printer every day just once and a while.All of them seem ok for about six months then they go down hill.
Owned lots and diff models and brands of printers. I would advice on using a Brother printer MFC-JXXX family, several Canon models but given the case I bet you are tired of it. HP has mixed stuff (from not so good to great models) and Epson has great ones but with now very known problems so I would not mention any of those two brands.

Me? whenever I buy a new printer I take two approaches:

1. Taking risks and buying a NEW model, new in the market and take my chances. Sometimes it's a win win situation, other times it's a blind guessing game because being absolutely new in the market, the clients don't know about the issues and so it's a matter of slow discovery.

2. I buy a brand new printer (or second hand) but not a new recently released model. This way I can research well enough and find real people with real issues. Besides the printer will be absolutely cheap. I have managed to do this with great success in diff stores (new printers, but not so new models), including Office Depot.

D

Deleted member 14725

Thank you iam just frustrated.
I don't know where you are located or the stores you would have as options, or the price range you are willing to invest.

I can only suggest to check on your preferred store for the price range of your preference (as a starting point) and check those models on Amazon for reviews, specially with ink tanks, or buy at Amazon directly. There are some great bargains available. While there are some great Canon MG models I would stay away from those series for a wide variety of reasons, from paper jams to waste ink pad limit locking and imposible to reset.

In your case given the circumstances, avoid printers loading paper from automatic tray located below, traditional manual tray would be better given the circumstances.

Ask a Question