Looking to buy a multi-purpose inktank printer that can also do photos well, suggestions?

Hi, I am currently in the possession of a ET-L6290 which turned out to be a very big flop, the ink doesnt sit in almost all the papers I used (premium or not) for photographic use (not exclusively and not obsessively perfect colors are required but that one can not print the BK on most photographic papers).

My intentions were for the machine to be high quality (in build and so that it can support a lot of pages per month, not insane but a lot of pages), to be fast enough (up to current standards), to be able to scan, and well to basically not break in a year or something.

Intention for use was printing on most (up to 300gsm) papers with no issues, specifically I wanted to create card game and board game prototypes, worse case scenario by laminating the normal glossy photographic paper (or matte, but something like that) and producing believable card game cards (designed by me and my partner for our project), when I reached out to the distributor they said they recommend 6 ink printers, however the one they suggested at 300 Euros (we are talking about the european market here) did not support scanning, and the one that did was simply 650-750 euros which is clearly a bit pricy for what it is. To put some perspective on the matter, the L3251 that I returned produced better and more vibrant results than the L6290 ecotank, I want to have economy consumables (and that I can find easily, not them being rare etc) while producing such vibrant colors and good gamut (the pigment black that L6290 used was very bad and it would not sit on most papers, while the BK on the lower end model was super good and deep), oh and obviously I want to scan and print documents too for the family, likely a lot of documents depending on the daily or weekly needs.

PS: On that note, we have the Canon Pixma G640 here available (260 Euros) while also the Epson L3550 Ecotank (225 Euros), at least that is my current assessment for which to pick of the two or if there are better models. I am not too familiar with all printers but the Ecotank in question may be able to print faster but with a bit fewer colors (perhaps?) than the Canon one, but again I am not sure sadly.
In that context, lets say I am satisfied with the 103 ink color result, but the only thing that I probably want next is simply to not have the feed tray lines, would the G640 produce no feed mark lines or is it unavoidable in both cases?

So with all that I want to ask the printers experts here, which printers should I look at for getting after my refund? (Because I am getting a refund for this) Because I kinda got tired of returning printers/products I want to know if any specific models/brands are recommended for the use case.
I have to make a decision today because I get the refund, so any help would indeed be useful,

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Ask a Question