LQ-590 Driver Problems - Windows 7 64-bit

The last computer running Windows 7 (64-bit) in our office went through its usual 2nd Tuesday of the month update yesterday. It contained a security update and a couple other small random ones. Before this update, the LQ-590 attached via USB worked just fine. Now, for some reason it will no longer print. I've tried removing the printer then reinstalling the driver to no avail. When Windows 7 tries to install the driver itself it fails. However, if I use Epson's downloadable driver file, the install will complete successfully but printer commands are still not reaching the printer. It shows as ready without any errors but nothing populates the Queue when sending print commands. Not sure how a few seemingly small updates could knock out functionality of this printer. I've tried both the USB and serial connections but the problem persists. Odd thing, too is that the same model printer hooked up to a Windows 10 machine works fine after the awful 1709 update. Any help is appreciated!

Try Windows "Restore Point" earlier time (prior Update). See if that helps.
Others reporting similar problem with update

Last edited:

Ask a Question