MFC-J6520DW how to scan from printer panel

Hi, I have had to connect the above to a new PC on WIndows 7/64. Software downloaded from the Brother website. Scanning from the PC is fine, works as per the documentation/manual.

But for the life of me I cannot remember how to scan from the printer panel. When I try this a small panel appears on the PC screen (usually hidden behind whatever is on the screen), with no options to do anything.

I've reviewed the documentation which only refers to initiating a scan from the PC which works fine.

It occurs to me that we may be missing some software or something? Much appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction, as the manuals are non-existent on this point.

Not sure what the problem is. I have the 870dw and just checked the front panel. Select scan, then what type like file or picture. After I select that 2 of the PC's are displayed by name. Just select.

Ask a Question