Mfc-l2700dw Does Not Fax Or Print Image On Report

I am on my 2nd MFC-L2700DW in less than 1 week. This model is beyond help. I have spent almost 4 hours with Brother support and still can not get to print a report that shows an image. Secondly the folks at the other end see no fax but the report data shows OK...what a joke. Real Time Transmission is OFF, report set to ON+Image...I have gone thru at least 4 customer service people plus a supervisor and no answers. I returned the first printer and got another one (same model, I must be a masochist). Same exact thing. Yes I get a dial tone, but when it feeds thru the ADF it just shoot right through pausing for about 2 seconds when sheet pulled in about 50%, then ejects the original...boom...no wonder nothing going out, no scanning. I tried it on glass, it scanned but no actual scan going on (though the scanner sounds mechanically like its moving) and nothing received at the other end...again, the report says OK and nothing received at the other end. If Brother does not call by Monday end of day, this questionable design and ill testing by the factory which apparently does no test the fax mode, this goes back and I will drive the 40 minutes to get an HP....what a freaking nightmare. Besides the install software stalls after the USB is unplugged, then the printer does not complete configure...it requires to fail to print, then goes into their troubleshooting procedure, to then find the IP and then it will now print. Garbage in every angle on this model...

hello,

i went through your post, i too have MFC-L2700dw.

you can resolve this issues, by following steps,

error is in sending and receiving the commands, so, you have to following easy steps.

1. switch off your device, unplug everything,

2. uninstall the software, related to this device

3. switch off your computer too

4. now, turn on your computer, put your password, and install your necessary softwares of your printer device, ,

5. plug everything, again, in same manner you unplug, make sure, each usb plugs are in their parent clips.

now command a print.

if you face any issue, ping me personally, waiting for your response

happy to help you.

thank you

My printer prints fine. It's just the fax mode that does not function not does the Verification Report create an image of first page of fax AND it really does not transmit a fax. Your info does not detail any changes...there has to be inputs to change via the menus. Thank you.

Solved....sequencing error...the reality from my above original post

"... Yes I get a dial tone, but when it....."

......no one, but no one asked when it came out. Brother support personnel did not catch but when I walked through verbally it became apparent that the both of us said "Wait why did the dial comes on first"....and then the "hook" button came into discussion...support (and about 5 other Customer Service folks) and I both kinda missed that little excessive step.....NO, do not hit the hook button.....just punch in phone number (like it says in the manual...and 6 people didn't catch it) and hit START...all working...a very painful trip to go on.

Ask a Question