Need dependable workhorse all-in-one

I am in IT consultant to individuals and small businesses. I sold a customer an Epson Workforce 840 All-in-One. He says that recently it began jamming after printing 20 pages. He needs a truly dependable workhorse type printer, one with a paper feed that reliably scans multiple copies.

One problem I mentioned to him was that his home office is the third floor of a large old house, often a very hot humid environment.

He is a technological newbie. I asked him if he fans the pages before putting them into the paper guide. At his office at work his secretary would do this for him. I'm not sure he can be depended upon to even do something like this. Is there any all-in-one that will do the job under these conditions?

He is quite well off and is willing to pay for a good All-In-One. The Epson was highly rated. It’s an inkjet. I’m looking for suggestions about what all-in-one, lasers or inkjets, would be foolproof and dependable. He’s running Win7 Premium 64 bit on a Dell Optiplex 990.

Thanks,
Al

Ask a Question