Need help setting up user authentication for MP C6004

I work tech support at a private school and we recently got a new Ricoh MP C6004 printer. The printer works great so far but my supervisor requested that it be set up with some kind of authentication method. Our ideal setup would require teachers to use a username and password (which I assume would be input from printing preferences > detailed settings > job setup) when printing through the network from their classroom computers but have no username and password requirement if they are already in the office. I have looked through the manual (link pasted below) and did not find anything useful on how to setup basic authentication. I have also tried experimenting with basic user authentication on my own and did not make any progress.

Can anyone give me some direction on how to setup basic user authentication for my situation or just link to a more detailed manual? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ricoh MP C6004 user manual:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1173562/Ricoh-Mp-C3504-Series.html#product-MP C6004 series

Ask a Question