Need Help with a HP LaserJet 4000

Hi,

I was having trouble printing from my wife's portable computer, so I deleted the network printer driver on the laptop and local printer driver on my desktop - desktop info below:
------------
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 153499 MB, Free - 74756 MB; D: Total - 323233 MB, Free - 113924 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0YU822
Antivirus: Panda Free Antivirus, Updated and Enabled
--------
The printer in question is an HP LaserJet 4000.

I tried re-installing the printer driver on my desktop from Win7 and it works - however, the printer will not print more than one page at a time. No matter how many pages I tell the print que to print, it will only print one page. Does not print more than one page from any software, WordPerfect, QuatroPro, MS Word, MS Excel or anything else I have tried.

I have removed and re-installed the printer driver several times, re-booted the computer, completely shutdown, disconnected the printer and re-connected, all to no avail. The printer still only prints one page.

Can anyone offer any help - it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry

This really seems like one of the strangest printer situations that I have ever heard of. I am not sure if this would work out but it may be worth a try as it seemed to have resolved this issue for a few users. Let me know how it goes and if needed we can continue to look into the issue.

1. Select Start, then Printers

2. Right-click the LaserJet printer icon and select Properties.

3. Select the Device Settings tab.

4. Find the Mopier Mode and Job Storage settings.

5. Change the settings from Enabled to Disabled.

6. Click Apply and OK.

7. Try to print the job again.

Josh Kemmer,

Thanks for the response. I solved the problem.

I deleted the printer once again and added a printer, but this time I chose HP LaserJet 4000 PCL6 (instead of PCL 5) and I saved the printer name with a space at the end between the "L" and the "6". It Worked !!

I can now print multiple copies from any program, the way it is supposed to work.

I also noted that with the PCL 5 driver, the printer defaults to 8 pages a minute and 600 dpi. With the PCL6 friver, the printer defaults to 17 pages a minute and 1200 dpi, what it is supposed to be.

I do appreciate the information about Mopier Mode and I will remember it in case I need it in the future.

Thanks again.

Jerry

Ask a Question