Need Help With Selecting Paper Type On an Epson ET-2550

I am posting this in order to help my wife with her Epson ET-2550 printer.

She is trying to print a picture on an Epson semi-gloss paper, but she cannot find anywhere in the printer's options to choose that paper. When she prints the picture, it appears far too dark.

On her old printer, she was able to select, before printing, the exact type of paper which she would be using for each job (plain paper, semi-gloss, glossy, etc.); however, there doesn't appear to be such options for the ET-2550.

So, now to the question: Is there somewhere, either in the software or on the printer, itself, where she can, indeed, select from such paper-use options, and she's just not seeing/finding it--or are such options for choosing among the different types of paper not available with the Epson ET-2550?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: She is using the printer on an Apple desktop running OS X.3.

I have a 2500 and the only paper options within the printer driver is Plain, Matte and Epson Premium Glossy, Regarding the print being dark, she may need to get a Colorimeter and calibrate the screen you will also have to consider different papers or software.

Using Photoshop CC, Lightroom or Epson Easy print, all come out dark, using Photoshop Elements 14 it is perfect. It makes no sense what so ever.

Ask a Question