Need new printer, must work with cardstock

I need to replace our Canon Pixma MP250, which is now "dead." I liked the simple operation and nice quality printing. I make greeting cards, so the replacement printer must feed cardstock easily. I also print documents, but rarely do I print photos. I am looking for simple operation. reasonably inexpensive, reasonably priced ink, and a printer/scanner/copier 3 in 1 to use with a desktop computer. I have read reviews, but they are only causing confusion! What do you recommend?

I'm in the same boat as you, so I can't recommend. I CAN tell you what not to buy, though. I bought a Canon TS9120 to replace my MG6120 (which had worked like a dream with the 120# cover stock that I use for postcards, as well as with lighter greeting card stock). We kept the 6120 limping along for a couple years longer, only printing when I had to, but it just gave up the ghost. The TS9120 handles the same heavy stock but has several major problems. 1) Red prints as orange--imagine an orange Valentine. 2) Occasionally, it will, out of the blue, start running a Scan Overview. I can be running my own manual scan and it will interrupt and reset and start repeatedly running the overview. Or, the machine can be sitting unattended and it will suddenly run Overview after Overview--I have to reboot the printer to stop it. 3) Not as critical, but annoying--it's also very slow with scanning. Why do companies have to wreck their decent products, such as the MG series :( . Fortunately, their cameras work much better than their current printers!

My Epson inkjet could not handle heavy yardstick and my Brother laser printers sometimes has problems even with light card stock.

Best of luck to both of us for finding a decent printer to meet our needs.

Thank you! The TS9120 is the printer they offered me as part of their upgrade program. I could get it for about half it's retail price and they would not charge shipping. I was tempted, but will not take Canon up on this offer. I am not a techie, so the issues you mention could make me crazy! I am leery of Epson because of their pricey ink and I knew nothing about Brother. I will keep looking. I rally appreciate you input! Best of luck finding a great printer!

Ask a Question