New Epson F570 printing so much darker than desired

I started using my new F570 last week. The few images I printed before contacting Epson were all much darker and muted than the image appeared on the iMac monitor. The tech with Epson solved the problem in a 13 minute call. In the Print pop-up window we changed the setting so that PhotoShop Manages the colors. And we made sure the media was set to include textile. The printed images were just as vibrant as the monitor. I didn't make good notes of what else the tech had me change/confirm. Ever since I had turned off the printer and computer I have not been able to get the colors to print as intended. They are all dark, and muted. I've called Epson twice more, but neither of those techs could help, and they were not able to reference the notes from the first call. I've changed from CMYK to RGB settings. I've switched to printer controlling the colors even though I know from my meager notes that is not correct. I'd be grateful is someone can help. (The image shows on the left what I was able to print on a sample piece of material after the tech solved the problem, compared to what the printer is producing today in the middle and on the right. The quality of the print is fine; the detail in the PDF is lacking.) Thanks, Jeff

Attachments

• The good, the bad, and the ugly.pdf
    184.8 KB · Views: 7
In Photoshop you need you select the printer profile when you select "Photoshop Manages Colors". Then, in the printer driver, color management, this should be set to OFF. Basically you only want to color manage it one time, in Photoshop, and not let the printer driver apply any additional color management.

Also, make sure that the nozzle test of your printer is perfect before you start printing, because if it is not, you will have problems with color reproduction.

In Photoshop you need you select the printer profile when you select "Photoshop Manages Colors". Then, in the printer driver, color management, this should be set to OFF. Basically you only want to color manage it one time, in Photoshop, and not let the printer driver apply any additional color management.
Thank you so much!

I've had a similar issue with my Epson F570, and it can indeed be frustrating. First things first, have you checked your printer settings and the color profile you're using? Sometimes a mismatch there can cause prints to appear darker than expected. Also ensure your image editing software isn't automatically adjusting the colors.

Ask a Question