Epson wf-2850 new ink reads empty

So I just bought this printer the other day used which probably half the problem and why it was a good price. Anyways hooked it up everything worked fine except there were a few lines and streaks when I printed which since I'm doing so stuff to sell I can't have that. Tried alignment and cleaning a few times nothing worked. So the person included a set of new ink with it still factory sealed and everything. Figured I'd try a new cartridge and swapped them and now the black says it's almost empty the yellow says it's completely empty and the other two say they are half full. So since the yellow is empty I can't print. I've tried putting the old cartridges in again which weren't empty either the yellow was reading 75% or so when I swapped it and still shows empty when putting it back in the black stays the same level. It seems like it is not doing a scan correctly or something with the ink level check just isn't working. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Ask a Question