New Epson SC-P400 malfunction

20190124_125138.jpg
20190124_125219.jpg
Can anyone suggest how I should pursue my dealings with Epson following this sad story of repeat malfunction:
I purchased an SC-P400 in November from ebuyer. Straight away it malfunctioned i.e black ink leaking onto print - three blobs in a line on the upper left of the face side, and parallel tracks across the rear of the print.
Epson first said they'd supply a re-furbished model, good as new, but I insisted I wanted brand new and eventually Customer Services agreed and a replacement was delivered.
Imagine grief when immediately same problem occurred. I notified CS, who insisted it was a brand new printer but instructed me to rebox and they'd replace it with another DEFINITELY BRAND NEW printer.
This has taken until now (Feb 21st). 3rd printer arrives, and this one too leaks in exactly the same way. If I hadn't noted down the serial numbers I'd have thought they were sending me the same printer back each time...

I can't imagine how this is happening unless there was a faulty batch came off the production line and Epson are trying to fob them off! I've done print tests and head cleans, all OK. I'm suspicious because the exchange delivery left a slip saying Sender Name: Equinox Maintenance Ltd, which turns out to be a 'Computer Maintenance" company based in Tewkesbury.

Are Epson mass-supplying reconditioned printers??? I couldn't stand to go through all the hassle of another exchange. Should I request they send an engineer, or just demand my money back and start again?
Trouble is, this is the printer I really want...

Any advice welcome
JonM
20190124_125138.jpg
20190124_125219.jpg

That eliminates epson and the printer from the variable. Are you using 4rd party ink ?

Did you use new cartridges with every printer , or the same ones from the first one ?

If new each time , then look at your environmental conditions. With Profesional level printers environment can be a big factor.

Perhaps get yourself a pro-sumer level photo printer like xp photo 15000, see how that works .

Ask a Question