no ink check icon in task tray for C88+ printer

The check ink icon that is supposed to be in the task tray (lower right corner of screen) is not there. How can I get it to show? I am running a windows7 pro 64 bit system I had to download the driver from Epson because the one on the disk was incomparable.

As far as I'm aware, on a windows 7 machine, if you need to see the Epson icon amongst those showing, you'll need to open the notification panel and alter the settings, so that the icon (normally, one of three settings) is set to show at all times...

Hope that helps...

Robbie_DL

Attachments

• Win 10.JPG
    Win 10.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 314
Been to the IT room, to see how the icon system works on my Windows 7 machine.
On the left of the icon area, there should be a double arrow (see image below) and if you click on that, the notification panel should open so that you can make changes required... If there is no arrows, try placing your pointer on the time/date that is showing, right click and then click on 'Customize Notifications'....

Now see below, double arrow on left of picture...

Attachments

• Double arrow.JPG
    Double arrow.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 304
Thank you for your reply.
In the lower right of the screen there is an area that opens when I click on the double arrows. This area is known to me as the system tray. There are numerous icons in it, none of which refer to my Epson printer. When I open the "customize notification area", I get a list of programs and choices as to how I want hem to be displayed. My Epson printer is not in that list.
Jim B.

Don't recall having needed to do this myself, but it might be worth a try...

Go to desktop / right click / personalise / (Top left) click on cog wheel / devices...

When the list opens, does it show your printer??? If not, try 'add printer' to see if that will produce the desired result...

Apart from that, there's little else I can suggest...

Perhaps others have better ideas or methods...

Robbie...

Attachments

• Add or show printers.JPG
    Add or show printers.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 302
Thank for your suggestions. I talked with an Epson rep. on the phone. He told me that some drivers didn't have a monitor function. What I infer from that is, this model printer has no way to automatically alerting you if the ink levels are getting low. I can't believe that Epson would be that short sighted. Yes, maybe someone else watching this thread will chime in with an answer.
Thanks again. Jim

If it's ink awareness, then all the Epson printers I've ever had (and that's plenty) you get a screen warning if the ink is getting low, or, you can see what ink is remaining when you are printing... See picture...

Ink levels 2.JPG

How strange... All my Epson printers do show that message and always have done - and I've had a few of them in my time... Have you un-installed the printer software and reinstalled it???
Robbie....

This is a bit difficult to explain...

When you click 'PRINT' a printer selection menu should open... The first image is part of that menu... See below...

Click on properties, then on Maintenance, then, further down, on extended settings...
When the next box opens, click on 'Monitoring preferences...
Look near bottom, left, and make sure there's a tick in the box marked: ' See low ink reminder alerts' - second image...

Click 'OK' all the way back and see if that will help... If not, try other aspect of those menus - One setting change at a time always... Do more than that and you won't know which of the changes has made the difference...

Robbie....

Attachments

• Fist print menu....JPG
    Fist print menu....JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 293
  • Low ink reminder....JPG
    Low ink reminder....JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 302
When I click print, I see screen 1.
when I click on properties, I see screen 2.
If I click on advanced, I see screen 3.
When I click on maintenance, I see screen 4.
I never see "extended settings" or "monitoring preferences" as you show in "low ink reminder".
I had to download a driver file from the Epson site as the install disk that came with the printer notified me that it was incompatible with my version of windows. See screen 5.

Attachments

• print screen 1.jpg
    print screen 1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 322
  • print screen 2.jpg
    print screen 2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 295
  • print screen 3.jpg
    print screen 3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 279
  • print screen 4.jpg
    print screen 4.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 286
  • print screen 5.jpg
    print screen 5.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 270
If you refer to print screen above. I uninstalled the Epson printer software from my computer. I disconnected the usb cable the ploughed ahead and ran the program despite the warning. Well, I'm back to square 1. I'm going to uninstall the printer and driver and install the driver I find on the Epson site.

That only lead me to the driver installed in windows. I'm beginning to think I'm up a creek...

Sorry Pal... Did my best, but have nothing further to offer... You have a strange one there...
Hope you get it sorted in the end...

Robbie....

Thanks for your effort. There has been 285 views of this thread. Maybe one of them will result in a solution to this...

It's been a while. All of the research I've done indicates the drivers are part of windows 7 and the the check ink feature is not included!
So much for Epson's convenience features.

Ask a Question