No Power HP 4630 Officejet

VFN

- Turned on printer, got an error message, power light was flashing.
- Turned the power off with the power button, wouldn't turn back on.
- Pulled cord from back, replaced it, printer turned on with a different error message, power light flashing.
- Pulled cord, held power button for ten seconds (per an HP site suggestion), printer won't turn on now.
- Removed cord from both printer and outlet, no power.
- Removed cord from both printer and outlet, help power button for 30 seconds, no power.

Thanks.

Wait! That isn't an answer.

Printertales states, "if you face any kind of printer related issue, then feel free to contact us." (Oct.19th)

VFN has already contacted you (Oct.18th) about the "printer related issue" so why would he contact you again. You didn't have an answer for him in the first place?

Well, it's 2024 and I'm having the same issue that VFN and others are having or have had . . . the printer will not power up.

I'm guessing his solution was to buy a new printer. That's what I'm reluctantly having to do.

At the rate of different errors displayed once you get it going again, I think the message is clear that it's time for a new printer. Was it plugged directly in a wall or to a power strip with a surge protector? Sounds like an electrical issue fried some parts. When choosing a new printer, I would not choose HP as they've only gotten notably worse since that model.

I would look into an Epson or Canon printer that is not the eco-tank line as I've encountered many issues with them that are fatal as well.

Ask a Question