Non-profit needs help with printing

Hello all. I just joined and am hoping to get some help. I volunteer at a local non-profit orginazition and we have a Lexmark CX310dn in our community cyber center. We're looking for a way to set default printer settings to Grayscale and single sided and have those setting locked so the community members aren't able to print in color or double sided. We allow them to print up to five pages for free and then they have to pay for additional pages, our way of trying to offset the cost of supplies.

I was reading a downloaded copy of the users guide and saw something in there about confidential print settings that require a pin code, but the guide wasn't very clear on what the setting could be set to.

The ability to change the default properties are blocked on the cyber center computers, but they have access to the printer options when printing and can make changes there, which is what we're trying to stop. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Not a straight through approach but you can try to share the printer from another machine which is set to black and white only. I haven't tested the solution yet. but it just might work.

i'm assuming this is on your network since multiple people can use it. open a web browser and type in the IP address for the machine and press enter. on the left select settings. then look at the printer settings.change the settings accordingly.if that doesn't do the trick trying googling setting up confidential print for that specific model.

Ask a Question