Oki C5150n waste toner full

I have a OkiData color laser printer C5150n. I can't switch it to On Line. I can access it via it's IP address. I see a Printer Alert error: Waste Toner Full. I have removed the transfer belt assembly and tried to shake out as much toner as possible. However, when I reinstall everything, the error continues to show. NOTE: the printer display panel shows 356: BELT LIFE which has been showing for over a year without any printing problems. I know I should replace the transfer belt assembly. I have done a factory reset thinking it might reset/clear the waste toner error condition. can anyone tell me if the waste toner full error can be resolved without replacing the expensive transfer belt assembly? Is there a sensor which is activating the waste toner error message? Can the waste toner be emptied to resolve this error?

Last edited:
I have a OkiData color laser printer C5150n. I can't switch it to On Line. I can access it via it's IP address. I see a Printer Alert error: Waste Toner Full. I have removed the transfer belt assembly and tried to shake out as much toner as possible. However, when I reinstall everything, the error continues to show. NOTE: the printer display panel shows 356: BELT LIFE which has been showing for over a year without any printing problems. I know I should replace the transfer belt assembly. I have done a factory reset thinking it might reset/clear the waste toner error condition. can anyone tell me if the waste toner full error can be resolved without replacing the expensive transfer belt assembly? Is there a sensor which is activating the waste toner error message? Can the waste toner be emptied to resolve this error?

Yes. You must take out all the carts and the heater, then release the knobs hat hold the belt drive. under there is where the rectangular waste toner bin is. I forget how to get it out - but it does come out , then you can empty it, and put it all back together. Also, if you are using refill bottles of toner, before you fill up an old toner cart you must open up the waste toner bin tab on the cart (use 6" of a chop stick) and shake out the waste toner in there so there is room for more.

Yes If you take the 2 screws out of the belt blade on the edge of teh Belt assembly, it comes off and then you can get enough clearance to shake all the old waste toner out into a trash bag. It's very messy And after you put it back together again you must really wipe down the Belt assembly. Most of the time the sensor wont go off. But if you see your copies and the insides of your machine is getting dirty with brown toner, that's when I empty the waste bin and that is usually the problem.

Ask a Question