OKI Horrible Support- Not reccommended.

Hi,

I just wanted to pass my experience on to everyone who is considering purchasing an OKI printer.
I purchased my printer about a year ago. (dot matrix)
About two weeks ago, I sent my usual print job to it and it prints the first half of the page, then skips down to the second page and prints the second half.
I have never seen this before so my first option was to do a reboot on the device.
After rebooting I tried another print job only to get the same thing..
I called up OKI for support and the "Technical support representative's" first response was, IT'S THE SOFTWARE YOU ARE PRINTING THROUGH CAUSING THE PROBLEM. I assured them this could not be the issue as NOTHING had been changed in the software. I did everything exactly the same as usual. He insisted I call my software company. So, I decided to give it a try. I called my software company for them to say this is 100% a printer issue. My software company, Data Age Business Systems, STILL put me in touch with their technical support team to try and assist. They managed to track down the problem. They had me walk through calibrating the printer and setting the top of form on it. This resolved the issue. Take note to the fact that everything needed to be done was on the printer itself and nothing withing the software.

To sum it all up, OKI has horrible support and will blame anything else on your computer before admitting it is their printer that is causing the issue. I would highly advise avoiding these products.

Ask a Question