OKIMC332 Drum change

Hi All,
I have an OKI-MC332 laser and it's been great for a couple of years. Quality took a downward turn so I had to replace the drum from OKI which was cheaper than buying a new printer.

The printer is now saying the toner cartridges are empty even though they are not (strangely I can get the odd page out sporadically but mostly just the error that toner is empty). I have replaced the cartridges with new ones (same supplier I've used for years with the previous drum in the same printer) and still saying they are empty (Error 410 as an example for empty Yellow toner).

I spoke to OKI support who said "buy OKI cartridges" which are of course an extortionate price and they gave no other suggestions on how to fix it.

Can I ask if anyone has any other suggestions as to how this error can be overcome on the OKI-MC332? And if not, any suggestions for an equivalent colour laser multi-function which IS NOT OKI please? :)

Many thanks for your attention and help,

Richard

Contact OKI and say you will file a class action ecology lawsuit against them if they don't provide a way for you to refill or use refilled cartridges. everyone should be lobbying against all the printer manufactures on this, or with government to make it law

One option if you still have original drum is to swap the components of new drum with coponents of old drum and put old drum back in, but you must do so quickly and in a darkenned room as not to expose drum proper to undue amount of light or direct sunlight at all. The situation is that oki has obviously update the electronics in the new drum to detect the third party toners. They do this because they are capitalists and they make all their profit on overpriced toner, not drums and printers. The whole industry is upside down on this, and it results in mostly poor quality printers (no longevity) and horrible tactics like a new cartridge format with every new printer made instead of reusing old cartridges (and I am not saying capitalism is all bad, but it is certainly not very ecologically friendly, nor advantageous to those who are at the bottom of the economic totem pole, so it needs to be tempered with people taking action against things just like this)

Ask a Question