Opening ink cartridges

Hello I'm new to his forum so if this question isn't in the right place please inform me.

I have a HP deskjet printer 1010 with a 61 ink cartridge type. I'm working on a project where I want to use the printer capabilities but not the ink. I tried using a syringe and needle to suck out the ink but it seems to be endless. I was thinking of opening the cartridge to clean out the ink but I may run into 2 issues:
  • The cartridge is sealed (vacuum), so I'd have to break the seal to open it
  • If i do open it, I won't know how to seal it back.
Does anyone have any experience doing this? Or can anyone verify my assumptions? If they are true are there any suggestions for how to flush out the cartridge?

After doing an internet search I found my answer. For anyone who wants to know these cartridges are sealed to but have holes on the top (for refilling). After refilling and placing the label on top, holes will have to poked through for each of the holes on top of the cartridge.

This is the link as to the instructions (#10) http://www.inksupply.com/instructions_HP_61.cfm

Aside from answering that question, has anyone opened one of these cartridges before?

First:is not vacuum on it. Second: use a knife and hammer,give a shot to the knife and the cover will be out v.fast with no problem.
Remove the sponge,use a worm water to clean-it,also clean the inside of the cartridges,special the filter.
Use a tape to cover the print head,insert the sponge,add ink,cover and use crazy glue all around.
Hold the bottom of that cartridge under a jet of worm water,remove the tape and put back on printer,use the best of printing.

Ask a Question