P800 Boarderless Poster board

I am trying to print boarderless on A2 poster board on my SCP800.It keeps saying the media setting is wrong [I've tried them all]
and sometimes the rear support door should be open and sometime closed. I am now totally confused usually I am pretty
good with these type of things. My first time on the forum and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to print boarderless on A2 poster board on my SCP800.It keeps saying the media setting is wrong [I've tried them all]
and sometimes the rear support door should be open and sometime closed. I am now totally confused usually I am pretty
good with these type of things. My first time on the forum and any help would be greatly appreciated.
What a coincidence!
My first day on this board and I signed up to ask about printing poster board on my P800. I am printing via Lightroom and the Epson driver software is requiring a 0.79 inch margin if I try to print the media using the straight through printing mode (rear door closed called Front - Poster Board). My guess is that borderless printing is not available for the Front - Poster Board mode.
As I understand it, the two modes you mentioned (rear door open "Front - Fine Art" mode and rear door closed "Front - Poster Board" mode) will depend on the thickness of your media.
Is your poster board flexible enough to feed it into the printer (from the manual feed tray) through the printer to the open rear door? If so you might be able to get to a borderless print using the "Front - Fine Art" mode.
I am trying to print on Red River Paper "Palo Durro Baryta Fiber 300" and Red River suggested using the Front - Poster Board but the paper kept jamming. When I tried the Front - Fine Art mode the paper went through fine. The Epson driver software says that borderless printing is possible using the Front - Fine Art mode.
I hope this is a help.

I gave up in the end and printed my image on Roll 17'' wide matt paper. I then laminated double sided sticky paper { i have a cold roller press fore this operation] to my poster board and
then stuck the image to the board. A long way round but got the job done in the end.
cleardot.gif

Ask a Question