P800 Questions

Hi, all-

I'm trying to get some information on my P800:
1. The History Usage Sheet lists a page count. On my 'new' printer, it shows that almost 1,000 pages have printed. From what I've read on the Internet, this value is regarded as being artificially high, perhaps as high as 1.5 times the actual pages printed. Do any of you have any knowledge of how the page count works?

2, My printer's serial number is listed under one of the top covers, on a piece of white, removable tape. Is this normal? Or should I see a stamped serial number somewhere else?

3. When I print the History Usage Sheet, the serial number does not match what is shown on the white tape label on top of my printer. Is this normal? Or should they match? Is it possible to change the internal serial number?

4. Is there any way to access the History Usage Sheet info other than by printing the HUS?

5. I am getting a message that indicates the RTP battery needs to be replaced. The Epson service manual indicates this battery should last at least 5 years! I'm a little concerned that this message is displaying on a new printer. Is this message an accurate indicator of age?

6. How can I determine my printer manufacture date? Can that be looked up online?

7. Does a nozzle check lower the print head lower than the normal print height?

Apologies for all the questions. As you might have guessed I suspect my new printer is only new to me and I am trying to get an accurate picture of what is going on with my printer before I call my vendor.

Best,

Sam

It would appear something's a little suspect but I don't own that printer so I can't say how its supposed to read. If you don't get any replies here try posting your question on Jose Rodriguez's YouTube channel. He's quite familiar with Epson printers. He also has a closed Facebook page where you can ask questions. To join it all you have to do is ask. Good luck with it.

Thank you for your reply, glr54. I've submitted a request to join Jose Rodriguez's Facebook group.

It looks like they might have the information I need.

Best,

Sam

Ask a Question