P800 Random black dashes

Barely used P800. First prints were good. Bought a roll of Canson Platine last week - great results except for two things - an embossed mark across the paper which I think can be kept off the printed area by selecting a generous margin in print dialogue. More importantly on the last three A3ish prints random black ink dashes a bout a third of the way down print. Again unsaleable and this is rapidly becoming expensive. Hints ? Ideas ? (Is Epson customer service any better than 7-8 years ago - I posed a question then about the old 1290 and received an acknowledgement a full six months later.)

OK - I didn't know about resetting paper thickness and platen width when I wrote the above. Doesn't help sort a problem when Canson recommend one paper setting in the literature and a completely different one in their instructional video. I've gone with paper thickness 4 and platen width "Wider" - only option on P800. Will inspect print in daylight but it looked clean. It would be nice if manufacturers of expensive gear and media did a little more than suggest one "suck and see".

Ask a Question