Pale band when printing on Canon Pixma Pro 100

I have an issue with printing from my Canon Pixma Pro 100, where prints are producing a faint pale vertical band around 1/4 inch deep almost exactly 1 inch from the edge of the print when viewed in landscape orientation.

From the point of view of the paper feed, it is happening at the final 1 inch of the paper being feed into the printer right across the width of the paper, so I don't believe it is an issue with the printer nozzles. The issue is less obvious in pale colours and when a higher print quality is selected. I have did a single print cleaning run and the print quality is consistent and excellent with the exception of this issue.

I am printing from lightroom 5 using the canon pro 100 profiles for the canon papers from a macbook pro running yosemite and I have noticed it both with Canon semi gloss and lustre papers that I use . Again I don't believe it is an issue with the profiles or paper selection. The printer is using the canon CL inks and all are in good condition, most have been replaced very recently and ink levels are good.

Whilst I suspect the issue may be to do with the paper feed, my limited attempts to resolve this has so far not produced any difference and I am not really sure what else I can do at this point, there does not appear to be any obvious cause so any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Heath

Ask a Question