Paper jam alert but there is no jam

Hi,

I tried to print multiple pages on the Samsung ML-1630.

The first page prints normally but I get the "paper jam" alert on the second page and it never works again.

The only way to solve this is to unplug the Power plug for 15 seconds.
After I replug, the first page I print works fine, but AGAIN, I get the "Paper jam" alert on the second page.

The printer hasn't moved before and after I unplugged, so it shouldn't be something mechanical going on (since the first page works fine after I replug).

What could possibly be wrong?
Is there a specific component I should look for and clean? What does it look like?

Thanks in advance

You might have solved your problem by now but I had a different printer that said something similar. The school who owned the printer had taken it to an "expert" in a printer shop and they said there was nothing that could be done.

I found a small piece of paper that was over a sensor and stopping it from printing. It was also printing black and dirty and the problem there was that the cartridge had been refilled too many times so the drum had gone.

The school was pleased with not having to buy a new printer.

Ask a Question