PERFECT Nozzle Check but print quality sucks?!

Hello guys,

I got very strange problem, my printhead provides perfect nozzle check and it prints okay for simple illustrations with pure colors (basic illustrations and so on), but when it comes to shades and tints (illustrations with gradients or photos) prints are totally weird. For example skin tones are impossible to print anymore and they were brilliant before. I did multiple nozzle checks, multiple head cleaning etc. etc. but still nothing... Nozzle checks are 100% fine. Do you know what could be the problem? Thanks in advance

What printer?
Use only OEM Epson Brand Ink & Cartridges?

Thanks for your quick response. Printer is Epson L1800, I'm using textile waterbased inks. Brand is Firebird USA, I'm using their inks for 1 year already and this is a first time I'm having troubles. I have to mention that this is a new head, not sure if it's brand new or refurbished one. I just mounted my old head and it prints fine so I assume this can't be anything related to software ... Maybe they used ultrasonic cleaner if it's refurbished so piezo isn't working well?

Ask a Question